SpineCor® Pain Relief Back Brace
Advanced Spinal Rehabilitation in Layton, Utah is an an accredited SPINECOR PROVIDER.
The SpineCor® Pain Relief Back Brace is a neuro-musculo-skeletal rehabilitation tool for treating abnormal spinal loading and abnormal posture; it is not a simple back support brace.
Modes of action:
- Corrective movements gently guide the posture and spinal alignment in an optimal direction.
- The elastic corrective bands act to resist the body’s movement back to the abnormal position.
- This constant “correction, relaxation, correction, relaxation” is in reality a corrective postural exercise.
- The brace is able to put a patient’s body through 10’s of 1000’s of repetitions per day instead of the 10-50 repetitions that are typical with other rehabilitation techniques.
- It creates dynamic spinal offloading and neuromuscular rehabilitation with the ultimate goal of neuromuscular integration.
Clinical experience during the two year development of the brace involving 200 patients has demonstrated pain relief within a few hours of being fitted, and in most cases 90% of patients reported pain relief within six weeks of use.
The SpineCor® Brace is made up of two sections:
The first section consists of the pelvic shorts (1).The shorts act as an anchoring point and supports the actions applied to the patient’s trunk by the elastic corrective bands.
The second section consists of the bolero (2) and the corrective bands (3). This is designed to apply the corrective movement to the scoliosis. The fitting of the corrective bands is specific for each patient and depends on the patient’s type of curve/spinal deformity.
I’m Interested In Learning More About Spinecor Braces
Wearing the SpineCor® Pain Relief Back Brace
The brace is typically worn 8-16 hours per day in order to initiate changes in posture. After several months of wear, it is often possible to reduce the wearing time and maintain the same level of pain relief.
To optimise the effects of the brace, patients are encouraged to perform any type of sport WEARING the brace (except for swimming).