A few simple changes can have a positive impact on your health and may prevent chronic health problems in the future.
As part of their extensive education, Chiropractors are also trained in nutrition and wellness promotion. They can give you dietary & lifestyle tips to get you moving in the right direction! The American Chiropractic Association (ACA) offers some simple suggestions to help rejuvenate your health:
· Exercise at least 20 to 30 minutes up to five days a week.
· Eat out more sparingly. Food that is prepared in restaurants often contain high amounts of fats, sugar and salt.
· Brown-bag your lunch to control your fat, salt and sugar intake while adding nutritious fruits, vegetables and grains.
· Limit alcohol. Drinking alcohol excessively and/or smoking hinder your body’s ability to absorb nutrients from your food.
· Quit smoking. Research shows that smokers suffer from back pain more than nonsmokers do.
· Practice mindfulness on a daily basis. This could come in the form of yoga, meditation or journaling.
· Aim to sleep 6 to 8 hours a night. When possible, sleep on your side with a pillow between your legs rather than on your back.
· Eat more raw foods. Fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables always have more natural vitamins and minerals.
· Consume 25 to 35 grams of fiber a day. Whole-grain breads and cereals, beans, nuts and some fruits and vegetables are good sources.
· Stay hydrated with water and other beverages that don’t contain added sugars or chemicals. Juicy fruits and vegetables can also help!
· Limit your sugar intake. Eating/drinking added sugar leads to weight gain and obesity, type 2 diabetes, and heart disease.
Contact Dr. Corey Bowden for more information or with any back problems you might be experiencing! Call Advanced Spinal Rehabilitation today @ 801-444-1230.
Content provided by The American Chiropractic Association